It's Summer Somewhere - Best of South America
at Steinfels Weinhandel, Pfingstweidstrasse 6, 8005-Zürich
6 favorite Argentinean & Chilean wines + 4 authentic food pairing courses
Longing to break winter's grip? South America is basking in summer warmth and we'll capture the same sunny mood for much less than an airline ticket. Andes neighbors Chile & Argentina deliver an unrestrained and irresistibly rustic charm to the wine world with gutsy food to match:
- Torrontés from the world's highest vineyards, with herbed Italian-heritage cheese
- Sophisticated vibrant coastal Sauvignon Blanc (always a crowd favorite)
- Robust Chardonnay with the pride of Chile's street vendors, El Completo
- Argentina's mega-popular Malbec with--what else?--Steak Chimichurri
- Not yet tried Chile's signature chocolatey red Carménère? Impossible not to love.
- Global noble red Cabernet Sauvignon done Andes style
This Wine, Food, Wine! lineup will have you giddyup-ing faster than a leather-clad gaucho and finishing like you've discovered a heavenly new wine & food oasis--and just maybe some new amigos too!
Not a lecture, rather a nice mix of eating, drinking, chatting and learning.